Chitranna recipe | easy homemade recipe for South Indian dish “Lemon rice”
- by myhobies
Chitranna is one of the days tastiest South Indian vegetarian rice dishes. No wonder, it’s recipe has existed for decades, despite the arrival of many new rice recipes.
It is easy to make this rice item. Indian lemon rice is another of the names of Chitranna. If you want to prepare a simple breakfast or light evening food, then you should know how to make Chitranna.
Chitranna Recipe | lemon rice |
Another fact that makes you like the Chitranna recipe is it has only the common ingredient you typically use every day. Furthermore, the cooking steps are few and simple.
Without a doubt, turmeric is the key item of the chitranna recipe. It gives color and flavor to the food and also offers many health benefits.
The three of the other items to boost the health value of this rice Cuisine are onions garlic and Curry leaves.
These ingredients also greatly add to the taste of the Food. Hing is another ingredient that gives chitranna a fine flavor and also aids digestion.
Tip: After you prepare the chitranna, eat or so it without heating this food. The reason is heating make it lose its taste.
Use freshly-cooked rice or left-over rice to make chitranna. In fact, it’s quite common to make this food from unused, extra rice.
Savor Chitranna with masala vada or coconut chutney, and this fine eating experience would be an indelible form your mind.
The other side dishes that have a good fit with chitranna include potato chips and fresh curd.
Mango chitranna or mavinakayi chitranna is another variety of chitranna. The former uses raw mango or mavinakayi, instead of lemon juice.
Ingredients required for chitranna :
- Rice ½ cup
- Oil 4-5 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds ¼ teaspoon
- Groundnut ½ tablespoon
- Channa dal 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal 1 teaspoon
- Jeera ¼ teaspoon
- Green chillies, chopped, 2-3 or to taste
- Curry leaves 1 spring
- Onions, chopped, 1-2 medium size
- Ginger, chopped, ¼ teaspoon
- Hing few pinchessource image
- Turmeric powder ⅛ teaspoon
- Garlic cloves 4-5 ( optional )
- Lemon juice to taste
- Coconut grating 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves, chopped, few sprigs
READ ALSO : Homemade Healthy Spring Rolls ( NON FRIED )
Ingredients required for chitranna/ lemon rice recipe :
- Cook rice in away that the cooked grains are not sticky. Spread the rice on a plate to cool.
- heat the oil in a kadhai/ pan and add mustard seeds. Add groundnuts when the mustard seeds begin to splutter. Mix them well.
- Add channa dal . Fry till the groundnuts make a cracking noise.
- Add urad dal and jeera ( cumin seeds) and fry for a few seconds.
- Add hing and fry till the dal turns to golden brown.
- Add curry leaves and green chillies and let them fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions, garlic cloves and ginger. Fry for a few seconds till the onions become soft.
- Add turmeric powder and fery till there is no raw smell of turmeric.
- Add little salt and lemon juice. Fry for a few seconds. Switch off the stove. The seasoning is ready.
- Add the cooked rice to the seasoning and add lemon juice and salt and stir it well.
- Add coconut gratings and coriander leaves and mix.
CHITRANNA or lemon rice is ready to serve…!!!
Chitranna is one of the days tastiest South Indian vegetarian rice dishes. No wonder, it’s recipe has existed for decades, despite the arrival of many new rice recipes. It is easy to make this rice item. Indian lemon rice is another of the names of Chitranna. If you want to prepare a simple breakfast or…
- Mind-Boggling 11+ Teen Romantic Movies Available On Netflix- Movies You’ll Be Craving
- Top-Notch 9 Cute Romantic High School Korean Dramas That Will Make You Crazy
- Topmost 5+ Best Scooby-Doo Movies All The Time- You Should Never Miss
- Upmost 5+ Best Pokémon Movies All The Time
- Topmost 8 Turkish Dramas Of Burak Deniz-You Must Watch
- April 2022
- March 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- July 2019