|10 Facts of Mahabharata |
The great battle of Kurukshetra was fought between two collateral branches of a family, the Pandavas and the Kauravas. However, Krishna, the divine avatar of Lord Vishnu, intervenes. (unknown facts about Mahabharata)
The Indian Mythological television series of 2013-14, Mahabharat is termed to be one of the greatest epic dramas on Indian Television.
Recreated from the original 1988 TV series, the show was both critically and commercially successful and garnered a record 8.4 million viewership on its premiere night. Read more in Mahabharata
But now I am going to show you some unknown, amazing,nd astonishing facts about Mahabharata you wouldn’t know!!
| 10 astonished unknown facts about Mahabharata |
1.The youngest Pandav, Sahadev, could see the future. When said by their father Pandu, to eat his dead body after his death. Sahadev, the only Pandav to obey the cannibalistic order, ate one piece of his fathers dead body, which granted him the ability to see the future.
2. Not all Kaurav’s were against the Pandav’s , Vikarna and Yuyutsa, the two brothers of Duryodhan, openly questioned his actions time to time, including during the Dyoot Sabha! And Draupadi’s vastra haran. Bheem, who had vowed to kill most Kaurav’s in a painful manner, give a quick death to Vikarna and Yuyutsa and was inconsolable for some time after it.
3. Vidhur was considered as the avatar of Yamraj. As per the Mahabharata, Vidhur was the half-brother to the kings Dhritarashtra and Pandu of Hastinapura, born the son of sage vyasa and sûdri , a lady-in-waiting to the queens Ambika and Ambalika of city.
4. Abhimanyu ( the son of Arjuna ) had a soul of a demon called kalyavana. Krishna after burning kalyavana to death had captured his soul and took him to Dwaraka, only to stuff him in a cupboard.
According to Krishna, Abhimanyu was an incarnation of a very powerful demon named kalyavana, who was capable of killing him at a later point. Abhimanyu’s only weakness was his partial knowledge of Chakravyuha.
Hence the Chakravyuha was indeed launched to kill Abhimanyu as it was the only way by which Abhimanyu could only attain Moksha. Therefore Krishna never imparts the knowledge of “ how to come out of Chakravyuha to him “.
READ MORE: The me too movement
5. Karna was the main culprit of Druapadi’s vastra haran. The disrobing of Draupadi was instigated by Karna not by Duryodhan. Duryodhan was remarkably quite during the entire episode except while asking Draupadi to come in court. Karna also instigated that Draupadi was a Vaishya . ( unknown facts about Mahabharata )
6. Arjuna had other wives rather than Draupadi. Arjuna’s pilgrimage for breaking his martial law with Draupadi earned him three more wives. They were Chitraganda ( Manipura ), Ulupi ( Naga ) and Subhadra.
7. Eklavya was Vasudev Krishna’s cousin. Not many people now that he was the son of Devashrava ( brother of Vasudev Krishna’s) who got lost in the forest and was found by a Nishada Hirnayudhanu. Eklavya died protecting his father during Rukmini Swayamwar.
He was killed by Krishna. For his great sacrifice of Gurudakshina, Krishna blessed Eklavya that he would be soon reincarnated and
take revenge on Drona. This person was Dhristadyumna ( who killed Drona ). ( unknown facts about Mahabharata )
8. Arjuna had saved Duryodhan’s life. Duryodhana had gone to Dwait forest to humiliate the Pandav’s with all the servants from Indraprastha. There the Gandharava Chitraseba and his apsaras were enjoying in the pond. Duryodhan asked Chitrasena to abondon the pool but as he refused, a heated argument broke out between them.
“Chitrasena attacked Duryodhan.”
The Pandavs who were nearby asked Chitrasena to let Duryodhan alone. Chitrasena who was the friend of Arjuna spared Duryodhan but not before tying him with vines and setting him on his horse. Duryodhan though humiliated, thanked Arjuna and asked him what he want for the turn he had done to him. Arjuna said that he would ask from Duryodhan some other time. ( unknown facts about Mahabharata )
9. Gandhari tried to behead Kunti after hearing the news that Duryodhan was fatally injured, Kunti , who always thought of the Kaurav’s as her own sons, went to Gamdhari.
Gandhari, in a fit of anger cursed Kunti and wanted to behead her. However she could not gather the courage and stopped right she could strike the blow. ( unknown facts about Mahabharata )
10. Karna’s son was taken to a tutelage by Arjuna upon learning of karna’s truth, the Pandavs inconsolable in their grief, decided that the only way they could amend their wrongs, was to give the highest order to Vrikshaketu, the youngest and the only surviving son of karna. He was give the throne of Anga( the kingdom of his father) and of Indraprastha.
picture taken from twitter.com
unknown facts about Mahabharata……..!